Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Introducing Me....

I had to fill out paperwork at the doctor's office today. Something quite simple that we all have done once or twice in our lifetime. It was the usual questionaire that inquired about my health, my parents' health, and even had questions about my bad habits. This was all pretty painless to answer. No, I do not smoke. No, I do not have chest pains. Yes, I do consume alcohol at an alarming rate. But, hey, I am a single mom and so what if I down a couple of shots of Jack before bedtime. I have earned it, damnit! The reason why I mention this particular action is because I had to include my address. A very unimportant thing, I know. Yet, filling in my address brought home to me everything that has happened in the past few months. Oh, you don't know what has happened. Let me fill you in....

I've recently seperated from my boyfriend of ten years. We have two beautiful children together. We shared a home and lived as husband and wife for sixe of those ten years. A few months ago that all changed. I looked at him and proclaimed the living situation was not going to work out and pack up me and the kids and walked out. I had no job and no place of my own to go to. But, anywhere was better than there. I was never beaten. So, please do not think that. The whole story will unfold as the days ware on, I assure you. For now, though, keep in mind that I now live with my best friend and her family. There are seven of us in a three bedroom house. Comedy insues.....

I am writing this post as an introduction to me. In the future, I will be reflecting on kids, Oreos (gotta get that addiction under control), my culture, my unsuccessful attempts at dating, and all other kinds of nonsence.

Enjoy.





Copyrite Wes Chavis 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment