Thursday, July 1, 2010

Updates

As I look apon the weekend and make plans to celebrate the white man's independence, I can not help but take stock in my new found life and freedom. I have finally moved into my own place. Each child has thier own bedroom. I can walk from one end of the house to the other completely naked. (Which I have done on several occasions...just because.) I wake in the morning to my 3 year old squealing with delight or whinning with displeasure and I am not stressed. There is no worries about waking anyone else up in the house; simply because there is no one else. Life is good.

But, life is stressful as well. Being a single parent means having only one income. However, I take this stress in stride. I know money is going to be tight. I expect it. So far, I have been able to obtain whatever it is that I need. Thanks to God, I have not had to sell my ass. Yet....

Work is going ok. There is never really anything to report when you sit in an office all day by yourself working on paperwork. My companion is the radio and the handful of people who call or text me throughout the day. They are welcomed interruptions.

My love life is non-existant. There are those that are interested, but no one that I feel God has planned for me. I am patient in that area. A relationship is not something I really want to rush in to. I am perfectly happy talking and taking things day by day. However, I do miss having a manly presence around the house. I often times wish I had someone just so I'd have a warm body to snuggle up to. Someone to appreciate my cooking. All in due time, I suppose.

I have not had to threaten to kill the ex as of lately. We talk as friends. Phone calls are exchanged and advice is given when needed. It's a nice relationship that I have begun to appreciate. There is no tension. I am thankful that we can act as adults and put the kids first. I wish my own parents had been able to do that.

So, life is good. I feel good. The kids are good. What else is there to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment